Need a Marine Survey, Yacht Survey or Boat Survey or advice?
Then please contact Matt West at Boat Surveyor Ltd trading as Marine Surveys UK
If you are buying a boat, of any size, Motorboats, Sailing boats, Narrow Boats for use on Lakes, Rivers, Inland waterways or the sea from a Cornish Shrimper sailing boat or 3m RIB to a Sunseeker 50m Motor Yacht or Swan 105 Sailing Yacht you should get a Survey to make sure you know about any defects, so you can make informed decisions. Matt West looks at every boat without the rose tinted glasses on and report to you in plain English. This is referred to as a pre-purchase boat survey.
Whether you have found us through the internet, recommendations from friends or the broker has suggested us, the Boat surveyors job is to work for you in the purchase of the yacht and we have now helped over 500 customers, many of whom have posted independent reviews and we are happy to put you in touch with any of them.
If you need an Insurance survey and valuation, contact us, we are the boat surveyor for you.
- No job too small or too big, fair prices taking account the size of the job as well as the vessel.
- 28 years of practical experience and continual professional development means you get the best possible info and opinions.
- Your survey report is in plain English – it tells it like it is and with you within 48 hours of completion maximum.
- We are pragmatic – our recommendations take into account the age, value and use of the vessel. We are not out to spoil your purchase or cause unnecessary work or expense.
- You get one to one reliable, qualified, courteous, friendly, efficient, honest, flexible service and we are a pleasure to work with.
- We Proud to be an Accredited member YDSA (AMYDSA), BMSE Full Member, a MECAL Coding surveyor, Associate Member R.I.N.A, Associate member of the IIMS but the main people who judge us are our customers.
- All surveyors carry Full Marine Liability insurance
Whatever type of Yacht, Boat or Marine Survey you require for GRP or steel, yachts or River Boats, RIBs, please get in touch. We do do some wooden boats and if we can’t will recommend someone. Personal service guaranteed. Advice is free.
We are based in Emsworth and we carry out most surveys in Chichester, Birdham, River Hamble, Southampton, Gosport, Portsmouth, Southsea, Poole, Swanwick, Lymington, Shoreham, Brighton, Worthing, Dover, Eastbourne, Newhaven, Bosham, Hythe, Christchurch, Weymouth. We are happy to travel the UK and Worldwide and have a links with approved surveyors around the country as well. We give competitive rates and do survey in Falmouth, Plymouth, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea as well as we have friends down there and we like to go and stay as well as taking trips to France, Italy, Spain. Flights are often cheap and you can have a UK surveyor looking at the boat you want.
Boat surveys are carried out on many Rivers including The Medway areas of Rochester, Hundred of Hoo, Maidstone, Gillingham, Snodland, Aylesford. The River Thames, South Dock, Reading, Oxford, Caversham, Henley, Staines and the River Severn areas of Portishead and Avonmouth.
Many customers from Sweden, Holland, Denmark, Germany, France and Norway commission us to survey boats in the UK and in their home countries and we can provide references.